Manufacturing Execution System (M.E.S)
MES is a shop floor information system that enables you to collect the full range of production data in real time, from raw material acceptance to finished product shipment. This in turn helps you to reduce your costs and enhance your performance.
MESA, the US-based Manufacturing Execution System Association, has defined 11 MES functionalities. The classification sets out the coverage of the various MES systems and provides an overview of the capabilities of this type of software.
Of course, not all industrial sectors will require all the functionalities. Actemium therefore offers modular, completely customisable solutions.
Collect and secure raw production, quality and safety data
- Acquisition from the factory floor
- Automatic or manual collection
Reduce set-up time, know the precise utilisation of each resource
- Operations sequenced by priorities, attributes, characteristics and / or recipes
- Visual display of sequencing
- Accommodation of alternative paths, overlaps, etc.
Organise and coordinate teams
- Personnel status in real time
- Time and attendance reporting
- Skill and certification management
Know and optimise the company’s resources: machines, tools, labour skills, raw materials, etc.
- Reservation and dispatching to meet operation scheduling objectives
- Detailed history and status in real time
Update the production schedule
- Flow management: orders, batches, lots, work orders
- Information presented to the various work stations
- Change to meet contingencies and feedback to sequencing (completion status, delays)
- WIP management
Ensure compliance with standards and regulations, meet customer requirements
- Process traceability: status, WIP
- Product genealogy
- Centralisation of all information: components, raw materials, suppliers, lots, serial numbers, current production conditions, alarms
Improve quality management and response time in the event of a problem
- Real time analysis of measurements collected
- SPC/SQC tracking
- Management of off-line inspection operations
- Management of laboratory information (LIMS)
- Recommended corrective action
Take rapid action to improve in-process activities, decision support to ensure compliance following a problem
- Production monitoring
- Automatic correction of process changes outside tolerances
- Management of some or all resources
- Management of alarms
Provide up-to-the-minute reporting to optimise production
- Real-time tracking of product and operation indicators: resource utilisation, resource availability, product unit cycle time, SPC/SQC
- Periodic real time or deferred reporting
- Comparison with past history and/or expected business results
Use and share the same technical documents
- Compliance check of files and forms: work instructions, recipes, drawings, standard operating procedures, part programmes, etc.
- Transfer of information between resources
Ensure availability of production equipment and tools
- On-time initiation of periodic and preventive work
- Event log, failure register
- Diagnostic support tool