New achievement in the Michelin-Actemium collaboration thanks to Retrofit
Michelin and Actemium Clermont Ingénierie et Travaux have been working closely together since 1986 in numerous plants worldwide.
In 2021, the group decided to launch a retrofit program on tyre building machines fleet in Clermont-Ferrand and Roannes.
Michelin entrusted Actemium the revamping works up to 2025, carried out in four stages:
- Dismantling the original electrical rack under the machine to allow dusting and cleaning
- Replacing obsolete equipment (PLCs, dimmers and variable speed drives) by new-generation ones
- Reinstalling the rack and installing two electrical cabinets
- Commissioning of each machine
It lasted 6 weeks for the four first machines in 2022, then Actemium managed to narrow time to 4 weeks thanks to:
- Creation of a wheeled support to facilitate maintenance of the 1.2 tons racks
- Pre-fabrication of the cables in workshop to reduce downtime during installation on site
- Use of automated tools to produce the electrical wires
- Wiring an additional rack to reduce machine downtime.
Actemium’s deep know-how, expertise and commitments will allow the Michelin-Actemium’s collaboration to keep evolving through time.